Good Morning West Bloomfield Lakers!!! This email is for all families who have students attending West Bloomfield Schools during the 2019-20 school year. Below are several important reminders and fall sports updates.
- Athlete Registration: Athletes must register through our athletics website and update their physical before they participate. Reminder, all physicals must be dated after April 15, 2019. Please go to the following page to register – https://westbloomfieldathletics.com/65011-2/
- Fall Sports and Tryout Info: Please click on the link below- https://westbloomfieldathletics.com/2019/06/07/tryoutfirst-practice-schedule-for-fall-sports-2019-2/
- Lakers Athletics On-Line Apparel Store: Please click on the link below to purchase authentic athletic spirit wear. Orders will ship approximately 4 weeks after the shop closes and will be available for pickup in the athletic office.
West Bloomfield Athletic Spirit Wear Shop: https://www.bsnteamsports.com/v3/shop/team_shop/WBLakers1
- Social Media/Website: We often get the question, “What is the best way to stay updated on schedule changes and news from the athletic department?” The best way is to follow us on social media @therealepap and @wbhslakernation on Twitter as well as West Bloomfield Laker Athletics on Facebook. We also post almost everything you need to know on our website, https://westbloomfieldathletics.com/. For specific team information regarding practices, etc, you will want to see if the team has its own social media account such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. We also have an alert system you can sign up for through our website as follows: https://varsitynewsnetwork.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203663499-Subscribing-to-a-Team-
- Spectator Passes: Parents and students can save money by purchasing an annual pass. These passes will be available at Jumpstart Registration in August as well as in the West Bloomfield High School Athletic Office.
Family Passes – $100, these passes will get you free admission to home games for all WBHS sponsored sports with the exception of Hockey, Lacrosse, and Field Hockey. These passes also do not provide for free admission for MHSAA tournaments. 4 passes are provided with purchase.
- Athlete Night: Parents and Athletes are encouraged to attend our Second Annual Athlete Night on Wednesday, August 7th from 5:30pm-8pm. During this time the following activities will occur: Mental health presentation for both athletes and parents, parent meetings for fall sports, opportunity to meet winter/spring sport coaches and get information, ability to complete all registration information as well as pay to participate to ensure that the athlete is all set for the upcoming season and school year.
- Pay to Participate: There is a one-time fee of $325 to be a member of a sports team. Once your son or daughter makes a team please visit http://www.payforit.net/. Payments for non-cut sports are due before the first practice. Please note that this fee is reduced to a one-time $160 fee for students who receive free or reduced-price lunch. You must have applied for free or reduced lunch to have the fee reduced. A new application is required for each school year.
Last, please allow me to take a moment to thank you, WBHS parents, for everything that you do for our students and for West Bloomfield High School. Without your patience, caring, and support our students would not have the many opportunities offered to them in our athletics programs. You truly are the unsung heroes!
We look forward to a wonderful 2019-2020 school year!
West Bloomfield High School